(je viens juste de lire...)

Thursday 7 April 2011

William Walker's first year of marriage - Matt Rudd

This may be a horror story, but it's a very, very funny one. So funny that it got me laughing times and times again.
Out loud, for real.
And I am not easily amused.
Imagine Bridget Jones' diary written by a newly married guy - that's exactly what it was, and it was excellent.
I kept thinking while reading this "Gosh ! I need to read this to the boyfriend, that's SO spot on !" and then thinking to myself "Errr... actually, no, let's make him believe that I'm not *just* a woman..."
It's not often that i start a book and that i don't want to put it down. I mean, no, that's not totally true, i often end up reading books through the night because i'm hooked, but for this book, i even refused to watch my favourite trashy TV shows, i even couldn't concentrate on anything else, because i was just loving the story, and the way it was told, and i didn't want to do anything else but read and laugh.
I guess being in a long standing relationship where i definitely wear the trousers, i could totally identify with Isabel, the wife, and feel for the poor William. I have to say, he even made me see the boyfriend in a slightly different light, thinking that maybe i should tell him more often that he's really a nice guy.

Note for later: do not let the boyfriend read this book - he could realise that i'm just a crazy over-dominant woman. And he could rebel. With sugar.

No comments: